CMC Materials produces high-purity solvents and other wet process chemicals under a concept we call “basic manufacturing.” As a basic manufacturer, we are vertically integrated to meet the stringent standards of semiconductor, silicon wafer, disk drive and other applications that need the coherent manufacturing, analytical and packaging capabilities of a single supplier. We supply solvents and solvent blends to many markets, including microelectronic, aerospace, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and optics, for such applications as:
- Basic cleaning in semiconductor and related high-purity processes
- Various etch-polishing processes
- Ultra-low-residue vapor drying
- Adhesion promoters for photoresists
- Positive and negative photoresist stripping agents
- Photoresist edge-bead-remover agents
- High-purity intermediates for photoresist, spin-on-glass, low-k dielectric materials and anti-reflective coatings
- Carriers for photoresist, abrasives, solvents and lubricants Coolants, wetting agents and thickeners.
Acetone can be used for drying laboratory glassware, removing greasy or oily contaminants from work benches, or as a general photoresist stripper or edgebead remover.
Acetone - ULSI
Acetone - VLSI
Ethylene Glycol is a high purity process chemical for semiconductor rinse applications and in a high purity cooling system.
Ethylene Glycol - VLSI
Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) is used in IPA vapor drying of wafers. The vapor dryer advantages over spin-rinse dryers include: no water spots, decreased particles on the wafer, reduced chemical consumption and much reduced wafer breakage.
Isopropyl Alcohol - ULSI
Isopropyl Alcohol - VLSI
Butyl Acetate is used as a solvent in semiconductor processes. It is available in Cleanroom LP (Low Particle) bottles and drums.
n-Butyl Acetate - VLSI
N-Methylpyrrolidone (NMP) is a safer alternative to many hazardous solvents. NMP can be used to remove photoresist, clean and dewax silicon wafers, and remove solder flux on printed circuit boards.
n-Methylpyrrolidone (NMP) - VLSI