Ronovel N, a mildly acidic nickel-alloyed gold plating process, offering increased plating speed, reduced porosity, improved wear resistance and increased throwing power.
- Recommended for continuous selective plating of connector contacts and for processing all other types of electrical contacts, including printed circuit board edge tabs
- Excellent metal distribution is also achieved under barrel plating conditions
- Ronovel N has the highest known attainable deposition rate for any commercially available acid hard gold electrolyte
- Compared to standard electrolytes, Ronovel N offers increased deposition rate without the need to increase gold metal content and the option to maintain deposition rate at reduced gold concentration
- A deposition rate of 18 μm/minute can be achieved from certain electrolytes under high-speed jet agitation conditions, which is better than current ‘best practice’ options
- When containing only 4 g/l gold, Ronovel N can give a deposition rate of 1 micron in 3 minutes
- Ronovel N produces deposits that satisfy the U.S. specification ASTM B 488 Type II Grades B & C